Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Design...Again

So, my adventures in the digital world have led to my newest blog layout. I used pieces of the Lavender & Chicks Kit I downloaded and made the layout completely from scratch. I guess I can't say it's an original design since I used someone else's designs for the pieces, but the style is all mine. It took me quite a while to track down the right CSS code to make my margins fit correctly, and I won't tell you how many times I had to edit the size of my background photo (quite a few) to get it to be just right, but I DID IT!

I think what I'm most proud of is that I am self taught in all of this. I have never taken a class on html, css coding, digital photography/manipulation, and I have to use Microsoft PowerPoint to do all of my photo editing because I do not have Photoshop. Yes I do some website editing for work, but we use a program called Teamsite that has everything pre-templated for you, no real code editing involved. It's similar to Dreamweaver. BUT, now that I'm learning more and more, I can put this knowledge to use at work as well.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to me gloat :)

No comments:

ShareThis